2 .Swift Even more shocking fact is that Swift, Baleno and Dzire are based out of same platform and use exactly same engines, which means Maruti is selling 57,656 units of three cars that are basically one. Hyundai Elite i20 has tasted the sunshine with 13,319 units for sixth position while Vitara Brezza came seventh with 13,147 units. Hyundai Grand i10 and Creta came next with 12,476 and 10,011 units respectively.
3. Mahindra finally broke their domination with Bolero (9104 units) for tenth spot. Tata Tiago came next with 8123 units, challenging the rival Celerio (7395 units) and winning successfully. Maruti Eeco came next with 7231 units while Toyota Innova was good for 6952 units in March 2018. Maruti Omni stood next with 6458 units.
The pattern is almost similar but numbers were huge for cars with their higher than ever price tags. Next five products on this list are Mahindra Scorpio (5905 units), Renault Kwid (5853 units), Ford EcoSport (5344 units), Maruti Ertiga (5086 units) and Honda City (4680 units).
4. Hyundai Eon (4500 units), Honda WRV (4411 units), Tata Nexon (4405 units), Maruti Ciaz (4321 units) and Hyundai Verna (4151 units) were ranked among top 25 selling cars of India in March 2018. Every brand has their own niche segment following.
18 out of 25 cars are under four meter in length and thus, India still prefers compact cars in place of longer options. City, Ciaz, Verna, Creta and Innova Crysta are considered for comfort specific rides while Scorpio and Ertiga are opted for pure utility. All four compact SUVs (Brezza, Nexon, EcoSport, WRV) can be seen among top 25 cars.
5. Dzire has ended every other brand’s dream on entering through compact sedan on this list while Baleno and Elite i20 are ranking almost next to each other. Creta has also eliminated rivals from this list while Tiago is seen eating into Eon and Kwid sales for sure.Overall, Maruti and Hyundai are still unstoppable while efforts from Tata, Ford and Honda are quite positive. Toyota Innova Crysta still remains the king of its segment. Average buyer’s sending on a car has positively moved up in this list.
6. Maruti Baleno: 16,254 Units
7. Hyundai i20: 13,319 Units
8. Honda City: 4680 Units
9. Maruti Ciaz: 4321 Units
10. Hyundai Verna: 4151 Units